NZX provides high quality information, data and tools to support business decision making. We build and operate capital, risk and commodity markets and the infrastructure required to support them. We strive to make a meaningful difference to wealth creation for our shareholders, and the individuals, businesses and economies in which we operate.
The principal activities of NZX are:
- A licensed market operator and regulator of securities and derivatives markets and provider of trading, post-trade and data services for securities and derivatives, as well as the provider of a central securities depository. NZX's wholly owned subsidiary, New Zealand Clearing and Depository Corporation, is the operator of a designated settlement system under Part 5 of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989.
- An online and hard copy publisher of information, news and data relating to the agriculture sectors in New Zealand and Australia.
- A licensed manager (Smartshares Limited) of the SuperLife KiwiSaver, workplace savings and UK pension transfer schemes, and a provider of passive funds management products through the Smartshares Exchange Traded Funds scheme. Smartshares Limited also manages SuperLife Invest and NZ Core Equity Trust.
- A provider of wealth management services for New Zealand advisers through NZX Wealth Technologies.
- Market operator for New Zealand’s wholesale electricity market, under contract from the Electricity Authority, and the Fonterra Shareholders’ Market, under contract from Fonterra.
NZX’s offices are located across New Zealand and Australia. Our largest office is at the NZX Centre on Wellington’s waterfront. Our newest office is in Auckland, adjacent to the Britomart precinct. NZX’s Agri HQ is at Feilding and our Australian operation is based in Melbourne.
Contact details are here: www.nzxgroup.com/contact
Other NZX Websites
NZX.com is the face of NZX for our customers, from listed issuers, to retail investors, brokers, and anyone else with an interest in the New Zealand securities market.
NXT is a market built for smaller, growth-focused businesses. It is designed to provide capital to the next wave of New Zealand businesses, while giving investors the opportunity to gain exposure to these businesses.
The Clearing House manages trading risks, providing a new era of transparency and efficiency in New Zealand's capital markets.
NZX Dairy Derivatives offers global risk management to international commodity buyers and sellers.
NZX Agri delivers valuable news and information, articles and analysis of New Zealand’s agricultural industry.
NZX Energy operates the New Zealand day-to-day wholesale electricity market.
Smartshares are exchange traded funds that can be bought and sold on market. Essentially they are shares designed to mirror the performance of a particular sharemarket index.
FundSource is New Zealand's leading investment research house, supplying analysis to financial planners and fund managers since 1987.
SuperLife Invest and the SuperLife KiwiSaver, workplace savings, UK pension transfer schemes offer a range of investment options for investors to choose from.
NZX Wealth Technologies is a wealth management platform that enables New Zealand investment advisers and providers to efficiently manage, trade and administer clients’ portfolios.